How We Work with You
Here at ARA Integrative and Functional Medicine
- We view us all as being genetically and biochemically unique. Using this approach, we personalize health care to treat the individual, not the disease. With the use of extensive history taking, advanced lab testing and a nutritional physical exams we are able to implement precise treatment protocols to support the normal and healing mechanisms of the body naturally.
- We are rooted in evidence-based medicine using a systems-based biology approach to identify the root cause of complex chronic conditions.
- We recognize that your body is intelligent and has the capacity for self-regulation, which expresses itself through a dynamic balance of each of your body systems.
- We believe that health is not just the absence of disease, but a state of immense vitality.
What to Expect
Initial Comprehensive Evaluation
You will meet with Dr. Kapoor on your first visit for 60 minutes for a comprehensive assessment as we begin your journey to better health. This will not be the traditional 10- 15-minute visit at a conventional doctor’s office. Any labs you have submitted and questionnaire’s you have responded to will be reviewed in depth prior to your encounter with Dr. Kapoor. She will then take a take a “deeper dive” during your time together with a detailed review of your history. Expect to spend about 60 minutes for your visit. At the end of the visit, Dr. Kapoor with provide you with a diagnostic plan to start that may include :
- Customized Nutritional Plan
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Advanced Testing
Which May Include:
- Comprehensive Gut Evaluation: Stool testing for digestion, absorption, microbiome balance analysis, inflammation and “leaky gut “.
- Hormonal Balance Assessment: Testing looking at adrenal, thyroid, and sex hormones balance.
- Nutritional Assessment – testing looking at vitamin and mineral deficiencies that may influence your mitochondrial health.
- Cardiometabolic Evaluation: advanced lipid labs and inflammatory marker evaluation .
At the end of the first visit you will be entered into our HEALTH RESET PROGRAM should you choose to continue to work with us.
This will be 3 additional visits over the span of 6 months that we work with you to customize an individual treatment plan based on lab testing to optimize your health.